6 TED Talks for Leadership Development and Career Success for Women
We searched TED for the most viewed, most fascinating, most informative talks on women in business and on leadership and created a list of TED Talks that everyone should watch.
Here's our list. Continue reading to see why!
- Why we have too few women leaders
- Dare to disagree
- The career advise you probably didn't get
- What it takes to be a great leader
- So we leaned in... now what?
- Color blind or color brave?
With over 6 million views and all the residual exposure, we love that her 3 calls to action for women re-energized the global discussion about the challenges of women's advancement!
That the 3 calls to action (sit at the table, make your partner a real partner, and don't leave before you leave) address key derailers for women - especially moving from career-start to middle management.
Her personal greatness advice about being open to differences, changing our minds, seeking contrary evidence and overcoming fear.
The engaging others wisdom that often when we overcome our fear and speak our alternative opinion, others who have the same concern often speak out.
- Viewers write that they find truth and power in my entirely new perspective on leadership and career success for women.
- Others comment on value in the actionable guidance about talent and performance systems.
- 3 important questions - where are you looking? what's the diversity of your network? (see also Heffernan and Hobson), are you courageous enough to abandon a practice that has helped you succeed in the past?
- Q1 touches on strategic acumen, Q2 engaging others and Q3 personal greatness.
- Addresses the fact that stereotypes impact women's careers around the world.
- Discusses the idea of "bossy" = leader, men rarely and women frequently called "too aggressive"
- Cisco CEO commitment to not calling women too aggressive
- Call to action to be "color brave" as we engage the greatness in others who are different from us.
- Helping us understand the different experiences of women of color - e.g. risking the label of "militant black woman"
- Example of diverse slate requirement for open positions
I hope that among this list you'll also find important messages and actionable ideas for your company's women's initiative AND for your personal success!
If you want more information about how we go beyond the ideas in my TED Talk, get in touch.
| +1-401-789-0441 | www.LeadingWomen.biz
Closing the Gender Gap: TED.com
Author: No Ceiling, No Walls and Make the Most of Mentoring
"Leadership is using the greatness in you to achieve and sustain
extraordinary outcomes by engaging the greatness in others."
Susan L. Colantuono
Read and follow:
LinkedIn | Twitter | | Google+ | Facebook | Blog
About Leading Women
Leading Women is one of the world's premier consulting firms for companies committed to achieving goals for women’s advancement. Its proprietary research is the basis for innovative solutions that deliver unique insights, actionable tools and a business focus. HR, Learning and Development, Diversity & Inclusion and IWiN* clients around the globe have deployed Leading Women's live, virtual and online solutions. For more information, visit Leading Women, call +1-401-789-0441 or email us info@LeadingWomen.biz. Leading Women is a certified woman-owned business - WBENC. Partner with Leading Women to advance your supplier diversity goals.
*IWiN - internal women's initiatives, ERGs, affinity groups and networks.